Monday, 2 February 2015

I'm going to be all over the map this year

Yup, there's still some life in these old bones apparently.

I've been woefully inactive these past few years, mostly because life caught up with me.  A loving girlfriend turned out to be less than what I expected, my musical muse ran off with Eric Clapton (again!) as a result the emerging depression and gaming took way to much of my time. I did get a lot of stuff finished, but due to my lack of initiative, nothing has been released. I plan to change that.


This year has promises of a lot of new experiences for me, so when I was looking at my options for what would be possible this year,  my eyes turned back to this old thing. And to be honest, I've always had this submarine type approach to creating things. I surface every now and then, let loose a barrage of some stuff and then dive back down into the depths again. I kind of like this approach myself, but of course it makes for bad PR, because the world likes performers, not slacker artists.

To summarize, I have a lot of ideas for this year. I think I'm going to try and be more active, but as always, don't take my word for it. Life has a funny way of kicking me in the ass when I feel safe and to comfort me when everything seems to be going down the shitter. So no guarantees, no refunds.

Here are some of the stuff that's about ready to be served on the table for this year:

* A soundtrack for Scoregasm 2
* One short novel that's incredibly depressing, but hopefully interesting at the same time
* Numerous reviews of games, music, whiskey and beer
* Shower thoughts like "Why I Hate Reginald Barclay And Why I Should Be Loving Him Instead"
* Some full length versions of some of my old short stories published in XM module comments

So, there you have it, basically it'll be me going back to what I know, writing and music. And then applying my personal filter to all of that and seeing what comes out the other end. As always, feedback is most appreciated, it's why I publish these things after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment